Buy Egyptian gifts and souvenirs online. Papyrus, silver jewellery, statues and egyptian cotton t-shirtsEgypt Gift Shop

 

Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com

  Home   .     Egypt travel information  .  Hotel reservations EgyptGiftShop

 

 

Islamic Egypt

Mus-haf the holy book of Qur'an exhibit in Egypt museum of Islamic art

Since the Islamic conquer of Egypt in 642 A.D, Islam has been the dominant religion of   Egyptians. So dominant that you can see it clearly in all aspects of life. Muslims constitute about 90% of Egyptians with the other 10% are Christians.

When Islam entered Egypt after the defeat of the Romans on the hands of the Arabs, most Egyptians converted to the new  religion while some Egyptians remained Christians. The conversion came as a normal result of the Arabs' virtues seen by Egyptians as the touch of  Islam on them, in fact conversion happened gradually throughout years of Islamic rule.

When Amr Ibn El Aas, the Arabian army leader, conquered the Romans he assured people that  their lives and belongings will not be touched, they will be safe in their homes. The Egyptian patriarch was hiding in fear of the Roman suppression because of his beliefs, since the Islamic conquer, he got out of his hiding to practice his authority fearlessly.

Actually, Egypt welcomed Arabs as religion callers, peace and good patrons. Amr Ibn El-A'as and his soldiers entered Egypt and struggled against the Romans, who occupied Egypt and Syria and caused their people all sorts of misfortune. That is why, so many of the Egyptians back then, joined the Islamic troops against the Romans, since they found in Islam, the freedom and dignity that they have missed during the Bezantian ages that someone of them said: "The history did not realize more merciful invaders than the Arabs".

The commitment of the Egyptians in early ages to Islam, and the engagement of their history with the Islamic ideology, have strengthened the most powerful tie, and strongest relationship between them and their faith. The thing that helped them a lot in their struggle against all the hard challenges, and the invaders campaign from Tatar and crusades and the escape of the invaders throughout the history. Also, this helped them to maintain their Islamic ideology and the great Islamic culture, heritage and tradition. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Egyptian travel guide

 

 

Egypt Gift Shop

Online shopping since 2003

 

Copyright 2003-2016 EgyptGiftshop.com
Owner M.R Web design services
Goods and services provided by Egypt gift shop (Egypt) Sold by 2CheckOut.com Inc. (Ohio, USA)
Web hosting by Alexwave

 

Home
Papyrus paintings
Portrait on Papyrus
Egyptian silver jewelry
Egyptian silver cartouche
Personalized gifts
Egyptian cotton T shirts
Egyptian cotton sweatshirts

French Chocolate
Online Florists
Flowers care tips
Flowers joy of life
Egypt DVDs
Crystal gifts
Christmas gifts
Exotic Gifts
Wholesale orders
Baby gift store

Watches from Amazon


 

Egyptian History articles
Egyptian pyramids
Sphinx
Papyrus history
Ancient Egyptian Gods
Isis
Maat
Tutankhamun
Nefertiti
Ankh
Hieroglyphics
Papyrus
Egyptian jewelry
Egyptian cotton
Egypt Islamic history
Coptic history of Egypt
Egyptian Book of the Dead
Ancient Egypt Books
Egypt travel guide
Egyptian cities
Cairo
Alexandria
Aswan
Luxor
Hurghada
Sharm El Sheikh
Port Said

Egypt information
Egypt weather
Distances between Egyptian cities
Egyptian museum
Egyptian money
Egyptian food
Egyptian newspapers
Egypt phone calls
Egypt Air
Airlines offices in Egypt
Airline ticket reservation
Cheap holidays to Egypt
Holiday budget tips

Translate from English to Arabic

Egypt hotels
Cairo hotels
Alexandria hotels
Aswan hotels
Luxor hotels
Sharm el Sheikh hotels
Dahab hotels
Hurghada hotels
Taba hotels
Port Said hotels

Diving in Sharm El Sheikh
Islamic sites
Islamic charity organizations
Pictures of Ancient Egypt
Photos of Modern Egypt

Advertising opportunities
Contact us